2018 EWGA Eastern Shore Chapter
MD Travel League
Captain: Jill Nord at:
Welcome to the Maryland Travel League 2018 Season!
GENERAL EWGA INFORMATION:
- League play fee is $35.00 (for one league and End of Season Celebration) and $10.00 for each additional league that you join. The End of Season Celebration is scheduled for September 6, 2018.
- Please check out ALL eNewsletters and the EWGA website. They both have lots of important information.
- There are many golf and social events available for you to participate (Knowledge and Nibbles, Pink Ball Tournament, Chapter Championship, Biggest Loser Challenge, Match Play, weekly clinics, and monthly ladies golf socials, just to name a few!!)IMPORTANT INFO FOR TRAVEL LEAGUE MEMBERS
- We’re looking forward to a great golf season! Each week, you can choose to:
- Play 18 holes (tee times starting at 2pm)
- Play 9 holes (tee times starting at 4pm)
- Join the group after golf for food and drink
- Play a side-betting game, if interested (not required)
So that everyone can enjoy the premium tier golf courses scheduled for the Maryland Travel League, each participant must:
- Have a maximum handicap index of 35 for 18 holes and 20 for 9 holes; and,
- Keep up with the pace of play
(If either of these requirements presents a problem for you, you’ve got LOTS OF OPTIONS: some leagues don’t require a handicap and some leagues don’t require you to keep score. So, please review the EWGA website to check out all the league choices in 2018.)
Our first play date is Wednesday, May 16, 2018 (2:00/4:00 p.m.) at Glen Riddle Golf Club, Man O’ War course, with Lite Fare to follow at Ruth’s Chris restaurant. Weekly course fees will vary depending on the course, ranging from $40-55 for 18 holes and $20-35 for 9 holes.
This year, we are playing on WEDNESDAYS. One Wednesday each month the EWGA will be hosting a ladies golf social for all EWGA members. There will be NO LEAGUE PLAY on those Wednesdays, so we hope all League members will sign up and play golf at the Socials on those dates (listed in green below).
May 9 – BAYSIDE (Fenwick Island) – Ladies Golf Social
May 16 – Glen Riddle – Man O’War course
May 23 -- Eagles Landing
May 30 – Ocean Pines
June 6 – River Run
June 13 – Rum Pointe – Ladies Golf Social
June 20 – Ocean City GC - Seaside
June 27 – Lighthouse Sound – MATCH PLAY vs DE Travel League
July 4 -- NO GOLF – Holiday
July 11 – Eagles Landing – Ladies Golf Social
July 18- Rum Pointe
July 25- Lighthouse Sound
July 29 – Rum Pointe
August 1 – Glen Riddle – War Admiral course
August 8 – PINK BALL – Bear Trap – Ladies Golf Social
August 15 – Ocean Pines
August 22 –– Ocean City Golf – Newport Bay
August 29 – River Run
TRAVEL LEAGUE WEEKLY PROCEDURE:
- You will get an Evite on Friday about the next Wednesday’s Play.
- Each week, we are limited to 4 tee times for 18 holes and 2 tee times for 9 holes. They will be on a first-come, first-served basis so PLEASE REPLY TO YOUR EVITES ASAP but NO LATER THAN SUNDAY at 10:00 p.m. whether you will be:
- Playing 18 holes; playing 9 holes; or not playing
- Expecting to join the group after golf for food and drink (location TBA each week)
- We will send you an email or text (you can let us know which you prefer) with your starting time and foursome members by 9:00 p.m. Tuesday evening.
- PLEASE be at your cart 15 minutes PRIOR to your tee time.
- EWGA recommends tipping the bag drop attendant a minimum of $2 per round.
- When finished playing each week, make sure everyone’s FIRST AND LAST names and total scores are legible on the scorecard, one person should sign the scorecard and either:
- Take a picture of the card and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or text it to 410-948-8734.
- Remember to enter your scores into the EWGA Handicap program on the EWGA website after EVERY round you play. TRAVEL LEAGUE COMPETITION/PRIZES:
- The MD Travel League competition/end of the season prizes will be based on 5 of your lowest 9 or 18-hole travel league scores played between June 1 and August 29. This means you must play AT LEAST 5 out of the 9-week for 18 holers, and 4 of 8 for 9 holers during the official season schedule. We will have a prize for both 9 and 18-holers.
- Weekly side-bet games will be available for those interested. Each week the game/rules will be provided on a written sheet with your course scorecard. Participation will be $3 per person when participating. One person from each cart will be responsible for collecting the money for those participating and delivering the results to me at the end of the round. Prizes will be distributed after the round. THIS IS STRICTLY FOR FUN AND IS COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY.
Other Information to remember:
- Guest policy – you are allowed to bring guests, if there are open tee times, but are limited to two times/person per season.
- Rain: In case of light rain, we will golf. If there is lightning and a heavy downpour, golf will be canceled. A decision whether to cancel will be made by the golf course by 1:00 p.m. We will send a group email to league members when the weather is questionable.
- Play Cancellation: Please let the Captain know by 8:00 p.m. on TUESDAY if you are unable to play for any reason (sick, hosting visitors, too hot, etc.). If you fail do comply with this rule, you will be given a warning. After two warnings, you will no longer be allowed to play in the league. You must understand that if we can’t give our courses enough time to fill the slots, courses lose revenue. We receive excellent golf prices and owe it to our courses to be responsible players.Golf Etiquette and Rules for PACE OF PLAY
- Park the cart toward the back of the green.
- Play ready golf.
- Record your score at the next hole.
- Don’t talk when you or someone else is hitting.
- Carry the clubs you’ll most likely use when approaching your ball.
- Pick up your ball after you have reached your maximum strokes (Equitable) so we can keep the pace of play moving.
- Hit as soon as the group in front of you is out of range.
- Drop your cart partner off at her ball or park between the two balls.
- Hit a provisional ball whenever you think your ball may have gone out of bounds.
Looking forward to a great golf season. Feel free to call, text or email us with any questions you might have.