Welcome to the Maryland Travel League 2017 Season!
GENERAL EWGA INFORMATION:
- League play fee is $35.00 (for one league and End of Season Celebration) and $10.00 for each additional league that you join. The End of Season Celebration is tentatively scheduled for September 7, 2017.
- Please check out ALL eNewsletters and the EWGA website. They both have lots of important information.
- There are many golf and social events available for you to participate (Knowledge and Nibbles, Pink Ball Tournament, Chapter Championship, Biggest Loser Challenge, Match Play, weekly clinics, and monthly golf socials, just to name a few!!)IMPORTANT INFO FOR TRAVEL LEAGUE MEMBERS
- We’re looking forward to a great golf season! Each week, you can choose to:
- Play 18 holes (tee times starting at 2pm)
- Play 9 holes (tee times starting at 4pm)
- Join the group after golf for food and drink
- Play a side-betting game, if interested (not required)
So that everyone can enjoy the premium tier golf courses scheduled for the Maryland Travel League, each participant must:
- Have a maximum handicap index of 35 for 18 holes and 20 for 9 holes; and
- Keep up with the pace of play
(If either of these requirements presents a problem for you, you’ve got LOTS OF OPTIONS: some leagues don’t require a Handicap and some leagues don’t require you to keep score. So, please review the EWGA website to check out all the league choices in 2017.)
Our first play date is Thursday, May 4 (2:00/4:00 p.m.) at Ocean Pines. Weekly course fees will vary depending on the course, ranging from $40-55 for 18 holes and $20-35 for 9 holes.
May 4 – Ocean Pines
May 11 – River Run
May 18 – Bay Club
May 25 -- Man Of War
June 1 – Lighthouse (Official League start)
June 8- Bayside with Delaware Travel League– MATCH PLAY (12:00/2:00 p.m.)
June 15- Ocean City (Newport Bay)
June 22- Eagles Landing
June 29 – Rum Pointe
July 6 - NO GOLF
July 13- Ocean Pines
July 20- Lighthouse
July 27- Glen Riddle Man o’ War
Aug 3 – River Run
Aug 10- Rum Pointe
Aug 17- Ocean City (Seaside)
Aug 24- Eagles Landing
August 31 – Glen Riddle War Admiral
TRAVEL LEAGUE WEEKLY PROCEDURE:
- You will get an Evite on Sunday about Thursday Play.
- Each week, we are limited to 4 tee times for 18 holes and 4 tee times for 9 holes. They will be on a first come, first serve basis so PLEASE REPLY TO YOUR EVITES ASAP but NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY at NOON whether you will be: Playing 18 holes; playing 9 holes; or not playing
- Expecting to join the group after golf for food and drink (location TBA each week)
- We will send you an email or text (you can let us know which you prefer) with your starting time and foursome members by 9:00 a.m. Thursday morning.
- PLEASE be at your cart 15 minutes PRIOR to your tee time.
- EWGA recommends tipping the bag drop attendant a minimum of $2 per round.
- When finished playing each week, make sure everyone’s FIRST AND LAST names and total scores are legible on the scorecard, one person should sign the scorecard and either:
- Hand it to Jill Nord or Marcy Thiele OR take a picture of the card and email it to email@example.com or text it to 410-948-8734.
- Remember to enter your scores into the EWGA Handicap program on the EWGA website after EVERY round you play. TRAVEL LEAGUE COMPETITION/PRIZES:
- The MD Travel League competition/end of the season prizes will be based on 7 of your lowest 9 or 18-hole travel league scores played between June 1 and August 31. This means you must play AT LEAST 7 out of the 13-week official season schedule (50%). We will award a prize for both 9 and 18-holers.
- Weekly Side-Bet Games will be available for those interested. Each week the game/rules will be provided on a written sheet with your course scorecard. Participation will be $3 per person when participating. One person from each cart will be responsible for collecting the money for those participating and delivering the results to me at the end of the round. Prizes will be distributed after the round. THIS IS STRICTLY FOR FUN AND IS COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY.
Other Information to remember:
- Guest policy – you are allowed to bring guests but are limited to two times/person per season.
- Rain: In case of light rain, we will golf. If there is lightning and a heavy downpour, golf will be canceled. A decision whether to cancel will be made by the course by 1:00 p.m. We will send a group email to league members when the weather is questionable.
- Play Cancellation: Please let the Captain know by 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday if you are unable to play for any reason (sick, hosting visitors, too hot, etc.). If you fail do comply with this rule, you will be given a warning. After two warnings, and on the 3rd warning, you will no longer be allowed to play in the league. You must understand that if we can’t give our courses enough time to fill the slots, courses lose revenue. We receive excellent golf prices and owe it to our courses to be responsible players.
- Golf Etiquette and Rules for PACE OF PLAY
- Park the cart toward the back of the green.
- Play ready golf.
- Record your score at the next hole.
- Don’t talk when you or someone else is hitting.
- Carry the clubs you’ll most likely use when approaching your ball.
- Pick up your ball after you have reached your maximum strokes (Equitable) so we can keep the pace of play moving.
- Hit as soon as the group in front of you is out of range.
- Drop your cart partner off at her ball or park between the two balls.
- Hit a provisional ball whenever you think your ball may have gone out of bounds.
Looking forward to a great golf season. Feel free to call, text or email us with any questions you might have.