2017 EWGA Eastern Shore Chapter
Ocean City Golf League
Captain: Lorri Urban at: email@example.com
Welcome to our 2017 Season for EWGA Ocean City Golf 18-Hole League! The goal is to strive to play golf at a higher level, play “ready golf,” improve your game, have fun and enjoy the spirit of each other’s company.
What is going on this year?
- Starting time for the 1st group will be closer to 9:30!
- Handicap is required. Your handicap index must be no greater than 35.
- To be the winner in THIS league, it will be determined by your PUTTS!! Anyone can win! You MUST count your putts EVERY time you play. I will collect cards from the Pro Shop after every round. If you don’t show your putts, YOU CAN’T win!!!! Putts off the green are NOT considered a putt. Make sure you let your group know if you are just off or just on the green. You must play a minimum of 50% of the official season (June 1-Aug 31) to be eligible for the prize.
RSVP using the Evite Procedure:
- We will be using the Evite to RSVP for golf.
- When you receive the Evite, which you will receive in your email every Wednesday, click Open Invitation. Click “Yes” or “No” at the top of the invitation to respond. Make sure you click the REPLY button so that it is recorded. If you have difficulties, give me a call, 410-630-3243. Please DO NOT delete the invitation until the week is over, in case you decide to change your RSVP before submitting before Sunday at Midnight. I will make no changes/additions after Sunday evening. If you find you can play & you had previously responded “no”, call the club for a possible addition.
- If you need to cancel for any reason, you must call Ocean City Golf Course (410-641-1779) directly, no later than Tuesday morning by 9:00 am.
- Please follow these rules for cancellation. If you do not, you will be given a warning. On the 3rd warning, you will be removed from the league.
- Our 18-hole kick-off is Tuesday, May 30 at 9:30 am. I am requesting that ALL golfers, be at the course no later than 9:00 am on 5/30 for a picture of our group for posting on our EWGA web site.
- Follow the signs to the bag drop off area. You will be assisted by an OCGC staff member in unloading your golf bag. Tipping the staff member is usually $1-$2 per day.
- At the Pro Shop, BEFORE YOU PLAY, pay by credit card or cash. It is $35.00 to play each week for EWGA members.
- YOUR FOURSOME WILL BE RANDOMLY SELECTED BY THE OCGC PRO EACH WEEK. Tee times will begin at 9:30 am.
- You can call Monday afternoon for your tee time. You are requested to be at the club AT LEAST 20 MINUTES prior to your tee time.
- At the end of play, everyone is to sign the scorecard for your foursome. Someone in your foursome should turn the scorecard into the Pro Shop personnel. Please write down & save your score so that you can record it in the EWGA’s, free handicap online system or your home golf course where you are a member. Don’t forget to record putts!
In case of light rain, we will be still play golf. If you are a “fair-weather” player, please look at the forecast and make a decision for Tuesday’s golf and call the course to cancel. If in doubt about the weather, call OCGC at 410-641-1779. Do not assume that because it is storming where you are that it is storming on the course. We are just lucky that way!
Please always plan to arrive early to help minimize a registration bottleneck so that we can have a timely start! Arriving early (at least 20 minutes) will give you plenty of time to warm up at the driving range, practice your putting, talk to friends, shop in the Pro Shop and be more engaged for your day out on the course. Plus, you never know, you just might be able to go off early!
You are allowed to bring guests but are limited to two times/person per season.
Dates of Play:
May 30; June 6, 13, 20, 27; July 11, 18, 25; August 1, 8 (pink ball), 15, 22, 29.
On June 6th, we will be playing at a different location to be determined; OC has a closed event that day.
Mark Your Calendar:
Chapter Championship July 16, 2017
Volunteer Recognition Play & Dinner, August 30, 2017
End of the Season League Banquet, September 7, 2017
Pink Ribbon Golf Tournament, October 13 or 20, 2017
Holiday Progressive Dinner, December 6 or 13, 2017